Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
- August 18th, 2006, 04:02 AM #1
- Member Since
- Aug 2006
- 0 times
usmle scores needed for fp and im?
what are the usmle scores required for obtaining a residency in family practise, pediatrics or internal medicine.
Is it easier for US foreign medical graduates to obtain a residency with scores like 78 or need higher than 85?
also what are the residencies that we can get with scores ranging from 78-85
Last edited by geminii2006; August 18th, 2006 at 04:04 AM.January 2nd, 2007, 12:21 PM #2
Good Question Gemini....i hope somone can with some knowledge of this topic can reply to this. I know some people that would want to know the answer to your questions...January 2nd, 2007, 05:06 PM #3
USMLE scores arent everything in the world and not meant to be competitive, but if makes a difference if you have a high score for going for the competitive residencies. With those scores I guess it all depends on the people wanting to go into that particular residency and WHERE you want to do it at. I know some people who had high 90's scores and they couldnt get a surgery residency, and Im sure it was all because they had their mind set on a particular place but there are smaller programs in less popular hospitals makin it easier. Just my thoughtsNever let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By MastahRiz in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)Replies: 14Last Post: September 3rd, 2014, 12:00 PM
- By Rehan in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)Replies: 23Last Post: September 3rd, 2014, 11:55 AM
- By thecalccobra in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 11Last Post: September 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
- By jim1 in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 1Last Post: March 9th, 2011, 08:01 AM
- By honestdave in forum Med Studentz LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: March 22nd, 2006, 09:00 AM