I was wondering if anybody knew, what is the UK equivalent of a doctor that has the position of a medical officer in Pakistan. Google comes up with a doctor in the armed forces, but I am sure this is not what I think it is?

Does anybody know if it is equivalent to a foundation year doctor (although I thought they called them house officers?) Or is it more a doctor that has entered speciality training?

Thank you