Urgent Help Needed!!! US Residency Or FCPS????
Our Sponsors
Welcome to Med Studentz Medical Forums, a friendly and informative student community where you can join thousands of other medical students from all over the world discussing everything related to medical school admissions, studying for medical licensing exams, and the medical profession in general.

As a registered member you will be able to:

  • Post and participate in discussions throughout the board.
  • Communicate with other medical students around the world.
  • Find the latest valuable information regarding how to obtain research and clinical electives, internships and residencies.
  • Access special Members Only features not available to unregistered users.
All this and much more is available to you
absolutely free when you register for an account.
Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Med Studentz Newbie Sadia_Liaqat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    0 times

    Urgent Help Needed!!! US Residency Or FCPS????

    Hi everyone. I'm in desperate need of some advice and I would be grateful if someone could help me out.
    I'm a recent graduate and have cleared my FCPS 1 while also studying for my Step 1 which, due to some unfortunate circumstances, I had to delay and will now give in March. As a result, i won't be able to complete all my steps in time to apply for the 2014 match.
    I'd applied to Pgships in Lahore as back up and now have a job offer for a 5 year post for FCPS cardiology. The thing is that due to really stiff competition this year, it has been exceedingly hard for even great graduates to secure a paid slot in hospitals in pakistan, and with the rumored impending crisis for Imgs applying to US residencies in 2015, I don't know whether to accept the offer and just do my FCPS from here, or to refuse and still try for a residency in 2015. I had planned to leave my Pgship the moment I got into a residency, but the problem with that is that my job offer hinges ENTIRELY on the guarantee that I won't leave mid-way - I can only get the job if I commit fully to it but doing so will mean I give up on the possibility of ever going abroad. On the other hand, refusing and then failing to match in 2015- a high possibility given the rumors - will leave me with nothing in hand.
    What do you think I should do - refuse or accept the job? If I do opt to do my FCPS cardiology from shaikh zayed, what do you think are my job prospects in Pakistan?
  2. #2
    Med Studentz Newbie bubbles's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    0 times
    I think you should accept your job offer in Pakistan, fcps qualification is really good and has good scope.
    Reply to Thread

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

      Similar Threads

      1. Admission in Aga Khan, Urgent Help Needed!
        By AmnaQ in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 8
        Last Post: August 7th, 2016, 06:56 PM
      2. AKU Test Urgent Help Needed
        By Cheeseburger in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 0
        Last Post: June 21st, 2013, 05:52 PM
      3. Extremely Urgent and Imortant. Help Needed As Quick As Possible.
        By planters in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 4
        Last Post: March 26th, 2013, 12:48 PM
      4. FUMC or IIMC?..HELP Needed Urgent!!
        By Arsalan12345 in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 11
        Last Post: October 28th, 2012, 02:27 PM
        By hammi3 in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)
        Replies: 0
        Last Post: December 27th, 2011, 07:36 PM

      Tags for this Thread