Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
- January 24th, 2014, 01:01 AM #1
Urgent Help Needed!!! US Residency Or FCPS????
Hi everyone. I'm in desperate need of some advice and I would be grateful if someone could help me out.
I'm a recent graduate and have cleared my FCPS 1 while also studying for my Step 1 which, due to some unfortunate circumstances, I had to delay and will now give in March. As a result, i won't be able to complete all my steps in time to apply for the 2014 match.
I'd applied to Pgships in Lahore as back up and now have a job offer for a 5 year post for FCPS cardiology. The thing is that due to really stiff competition this year, it has been exceedingly hard for even great graduates to secure a paid slot in hospitals in pakistan, and with the rumored impending crisis for Imgs applying to US residencies in 2015, I don't know whether to accept the offer and just do my FCPS from here, or to refuse and still try for a residency in 2015. I had planned to leave my Pgship the moment I got into a residency, but the problem with that is that my job offer hinges ENTIRELY on the guarantee that I won't leave mid-way - I can only get the job if I commit fully to it but doing so will mean I give up on the possibility of ever going abroad. On the other hand, refusing and then failing to match in 2015- a high possibility given the rumors - will leave me with nothing in hand.
What do you think I should do - refuse or accept the job? If I do opt to do my FCPS cardiology from shaikh zayed, what do you think are my job prospects in Pakistan?March 4th, 2014, 06:29 PM #2
I think you should accept your job offer in Pakistan, fcps qualification is really good and has good scope.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By AmnaQ in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 8Last Post: August 7th, 2016, 06:56 PM
- By Cheeseburger in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: June 21st, 2013, 05:52 PM
- By planters in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: March 26th, 2013, 12:48 PM
- By Arsalan12345 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 11Last Post: October 28th, 2012, 02:27 PM
- By hammi3 in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)Replies: 0Last Post: December 27th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Tags for this Thread