Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
- December 28th, 2009, 11:22 AM #1
Taking a semester off for step 1?
Hello everyone! My name is Sebastian and I am currently a third year (5th semester) med student. Medical school in my country is 6 years long. I have done one semester of clinicals and I am planning on taking the USMLE step 1; however, I do not know when would be the best time to take them. I have read some of the other threads and I have noticed that most of you have taken the exam after graduation, but many have also complaint that you have forgotten a bit of the basic courses. Well, I am thinking of taking a semester off after my third year to study for the step 1 and I would like to know what you guys think about that. I can't really do clinicals and study for the step 1 at the same time because I already have to study 9+ hours a day without counting the hospital.... I guess it is a bit sad to not graduate with the people that I started, but if this would be best for my future then I don't mind doing it. Also, some friends of mine think that it could be hard to get back on track after taking the semester off. So, I am still undecided and would like to know what you think.
Let me thank you beforehand for taking time to read this and for any help.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By Rehan in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)Replies: 13Last Post: November 29th, 2013, 08:49 PM
- By lina in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 18Last Post: August 17th, 2011, 11:33 PM
- By powerto7 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: October 12th, 2010, 03:02 PM
- By anticholinesterase in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 7Last Post: July 28th, 2009, 10:59 PM
- By asarah in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: October 21st, 2007, 06:44 PM