Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
- March 15th, 2016, 09:52 AM #1
UKMLA - New UK Exam To Replace PLAB
The GMC has approved plans to create a new licensing exam, United Kingdom Medical Licensing Assessment (UKMLA). This is to replace the PLAB exam and will be for both IMG's and UK medical graduates. This exam will begin for IMG's in 2019 and for UK graduates in 2021.
Here's the provisional timeline proposed for the introduction of the UKMLA
- 2015/16 choosing UKMLA model
- 2016/17 development of the UKMLA model
- 2018 testing and low level piloting of the UKMLA
- 2019 UKMLA goes live for IMGs
- 2019/20 UK graduate testing of the UKMLA
- 2021 UKMLA goes live for UK graduates
- 2021/22 post implantation evaluation of the UKMLA
There isn't much info out yet as its in very early stages but if you would like to read up more on this here's a couple of links from the and on the UKMLA.
Last edited by Muzy; March 15th, 2016 at 09:54 AM. Reason: .
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By NarjisShah in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)Replies: 23Last Post: December 19th, 2013, 08:21 AM
- By pooja194 in forum Indian Medical SchoolsReplies: 3Last Post: April 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM
- By Monem Ayad in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)Replies: 0Last Post: January 18th, 2013, 08:51 PM
- By Doc_Ammara in forum Beyond Med SchoolReplies: 9Last Post: June 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM
- By kuchwa in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: October 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
Tags for this Thread