Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: dermatology residency
- December 4th, 2007, 10:05 PM #1
im a medical student from india,doing my internship.i've EAD,so i don't need a visa.
what are my chances of getting into dermatology residency?
i'm planning to do an elective in dermatology.
what other branches you people suggest me to get into?
everyone's advice is helpful for me.
thank you.#yesDecember 6th, 2007, 12:46 PM #2December 7th, 2007, 03:16 AM #3
thank you mastariz,
i'll try my best.October 5th, 2008, 01:59 PM #4
chances are next to none- 0%October 5th, 2008, 06:50 PM #5
- Member Since
- Dec 2007
- 7 times
No chances what so ever, there is really tough competetion among american graduates, so for foreign graduates have almost no chance, this is the link to the profile of the person who did manage to get it but but he did research fellowship in dermatology, but no one knows how much of connections he had to get that residency!!
Nothing is impossible but you should know your potentials!! so think before going for dermatology!October 5th, 2008, 07:51 PM #6
forget dermatology, general surgery is out of the question these days.November 2nd, 2008, 01:11 AM #7
- Member Since
- Apr 2006
- 20 times
You are kidding yourself if you plan to match into dermatology as an IMG unless the program director is your inlaw. It doesn't matter what your score is or your research, it just ain't gonna happen. At my school, we usually have around 1 person matching into dermatology each year, and some years none. And we have our own dermatology residency program.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By aac3000 in forum Beyond Med SchoolReplies: 0Last Post: February 8th, 2010, 12:37 AM
- By ankushkj in forum Beyond Med SchoolReplies: 0Last Post: July 21st, 2009, 06:02 PM
- By ayman mandour in forum Beyond Med SchoolReplies: 1Last Post: February 20th, 2009, 02:37 PM
- By ASRA in forum Med Studentz LoungeReplies: 4Last Post: February 24th, 2007, 08:58 PM
- By Natacha in forum Beyond Med SchoolReplies: 11Last Post: May 10th, 2006, 07:26 AM