Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
- July 14th, 2006, 07:40 PM #1
Huge Doctor Shortage In Next 5 Years
A friend just showed me this article and its great news for those of us in the medical profession and a really interesting read about how the # of doctors isn't determined by the free market economy (like every other profession) but instead by the US govt and Congress.
Anyways, -- hope you find it as interesting as I did.July 14th, 2006, 08:41 PM #2
- Member Since
- Feb 2006
- Dominican Republic
- 12 times
Yes this is great news! We IMGs will start getting more priority due to this shortage. More jobs for us!#grin And as soon as they start addressing these problems, I'm sure they will be distributing the specialties more evenly. We are going to be able to choose where we want to do residency more easily (I think).July 15th, 2006, 04:40 AM #3
This might present a problem.
Although it might be good for us, shortage of doctors is never a good thing. There are so many people out there who need help and dont have the means to travel to be able to access treatment.
Also, does this mean that schools will lower their requirements to be able to make it an incentive for perspective doctors to not be so scared and apply??
This would definitely create conflict.
And....are we ready for it? is the US ready for it??...#eek
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By lite_lord in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 14Last Post: December 28th, 2015, 01:52 PM
- By saadfaiz92 in forum Med Studentz LoungeReplies: 20Last Post: October 16th, 2013, 09:40 PM
- By kayyy in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: November 8th, 2012, 10:32 AM
- By jonochilds in forum Med Studentz LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: December 9th, 2011, 02:39 PM
- By Rehan in forum Med Studentz LoungeReplies: 30Last Post: August 24th, 2008, 05:14 PM