Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
- October 12th, 2006, 11:00 AM #1October 13th, 2006, 01:58 AM #2
Iranian President Ahmadinejad spoke a few days ago about the use of nuclear weapons in the 21st century -- I find that his comments below show him to have a lot more restraint and peaceful rhetoric as compared to how he is portrayed by most Western media outlets."The bottom line is, we do not need a bomb, unlike what others think. Regretfully, some believe that the nuclear bomb can be effective in international relations. They're wrong, because the time for nuclear bombs has ended. We know that. These nuclear arsenals will not benefit anyone. They have to spend so much money destroying them. If the nuclear bomb could have saved anyone, it would have prevented the collapse of the Soviet Union. If the nuclear bomb could have created security, it would have prevented, perhaps, September 11th. If the nuclear bomb could have done anything, it could have, perhaps, stopped the Palestinian Intifada.
"Today is a time of thought and ideas. We know that and we felt that across the world.
"And let me say that at the same time, we are Muslims. And based on a decree given by the leader of the Islamic republic, moving toward having a nuclear bomb is banned and forbidden. Therefore, no one has the right to move in this direction. In our country, it is not permissible."
President of Iran
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By sunny3027 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 6Last Post: October 21st, 2012, 06:24 AM
- By Ankith in forum European Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: October 9th, 2012, 03:23 PM
- By MaheenFawad in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 18Last Post: August 6th, 2011, 05:58 PM
- By stoodyus in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 19Last Post: September 4th, 2010, 06:54 AM
- By Emerald* in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 19Last Post: September 19th, 2009, 09:07 AM