Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: icd 9 to icd 10 crosswalk
- March 7th, 2012, 01:26 PM #1
- Member Since
- Mar 2012
- 0 times
icd 9 to icd 10 crosswalkICD 10-An IntroductionBenefits of ICD10
- ICD-10 CM & PCS is an upgrade of the US-developed clinical modification (ICD-9-CM) of Diagnosis and Procedure Codes, first adopted in 1979.
- Department of HHS has ruled that all coding must be done in ICD-10 starting Oct 1, 2013.
- ICD-10-CM volume is 69000 alphanumeric codes compared to ICD-9-CM volume of 13,600 numeric codes
- ICD-10-PCS volume is 72000 alphanumeric codes compared to ICD-9-PCS volume of 4000 numeric codes.
R14.1 Gas pain
Abdominal pain, unspecified site 789 No Code How to comply with ICD-10?
- Evaluating all clinical, financial and business systems that currently use ICD-9 codes.
- Overall Risk and Impact Assessment.
- Gap Analysis between current and future state.
- Compliance Project Plan
- Identification of capital cost, one time cost and recurring cost and budget for it.
- Compliance Implementation
- Conduct internal testing
- Payer system integration
- Conduct external testing
- Start Parallel processing
- Complete Transition
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)