Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
- April 24th, 2010, 05:31 PM #1
- Member Since
- Apr 2010
- 1 times
Medical elective in PGI chandigarh
I am a 3rd year medical student in the UK and am planning my elective for next year. I am planning to attend AIIMS for the first 4 weeks and then am a little confused about where to attend for the other 4 weeks. The confusion is between the world known PGI Chandigardh or a smaller hospital called Padhar Hospital in Madhya pradesh which is in a rural area of India? I was thinking that attending AIIMS would allow me to see alot of rare conditions and provide the best hands on experience and the facilities would be modern etc. However would PGI be a similar experience and thus will it be better for me to spend the other 4 weeks of my elecive in a rural area such as Madhya pradesh in Padhar Hospital?
Could any one guide me on this please? Any pros or cons for the two places will be much appreciated if anyone has been there before.
Hoping to hear from you soon,
Many Thanks x
Last edited by sugarcandy; April 24th, 2010 at 05:38 PM.April 21st, 2016, 03:54 PM #2
- Member Since
- Apr 2016
- 0 times
I am 6th year student from Germany and am also planning to do a 3-months elective in a hospital in India. As it is important for me to get some
practical experience during this elective I wanted to ask you if someone can tell me anythng about an elective in PGI Hospital in Chandigarh. Or
could you recommend me any other Hospital in Punjab or Delhi for an elective?
I would be really greatful if someone can help me out! Thanks in advance!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By kiran22 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 20Last Post: February 1st, 2014, 06:25 PM
- By Accolade in forum United States Medical SchoolsReplies: 7Last Post: December 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM
- By alaa in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 10Last Post: July 15th, 2009, 03:34 AM
- By hkhaliq in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 4Last Post: July 24th, 2008, 08:50 PM
- By yxa258 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: September 20th, 2007, 09:39 AM