Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
- July 10th, 2011, 06:48 PM #1
- Member Since
- Jul 2011
- 0 times
research electives for international medical students
I am a student from Syria, planning to do my residency in the US. Over here, medschool programs are 6 years long and i have just finished my 3rd year.I have taken all the basic science classes but not yet any clinical electives. I am planning on doing a clinical elective or a research elective in the US next summer (meaning after my 4th year). I have not taken Step1 nor have i taken Toefl (and i do not plan on taking toefl)
I have a few questions #happy
1- Ive read many many times that most medical schools do not accept international med students unless they are in their final year. does that apply for clinical electives only? or does it also include doing research?
2-If i apply anyway and perhaps speak to/directly contact the faculty member whom i would like to work with, will i have any chance of being accepted? I heard there might be some bening of the rules.
3- What are the best research institutions/hospitals in the US (that accept international students) I am very clueless about where to look for a reasearch opportunity.
If anyone who reads this thread has had any personal experience reguarding doing research in the US or a clinical elective please share your experience id be more than glad to hear and learn #laugh
hoping for any reply! thanx!!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By fahdi in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 52Last Post: July 8th, 2016, 12:00 PM
- By Najam87 in forum Beyond Med SchoolReplies: 51Last Post: April 28th, 2015, 12:06 AM
- By emmaar in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: November 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM
- By fizah in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: April 6th, 2012, 08:54 PM
- By Rashid in forum Med Studentz LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: October 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM