Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
- December 16th, 2008, 04:43 AM #1
What do I need to know for Shifa Medical College '10
Asalamualikum brothers and sisters,
I was born and raised in Pakistan and came to the US about nine years ago. I am just another Pakistani who wants to be an MD.
As of now, I am a Freshmen in College. I had no intentions of applying for medical school in Pakistan. For this reason, I did not take an SAT 2's in the sciences in HS. However, family reasons have forced me to try for medical schools in Pakistan. I would only like to attend Shifa though.
My questions are the following:
1. When does Shifa start the process of accepting applications. I mean, what is the earliest date?
2. Should I start the process and send in my information piece by piece, or should I rather just send it all in at once (if that's possible)?
3. Would the admissions staff mind me taking my SAT II's as a freshmen or do they only care about the scores?
4. Do I have to go back to my high school to get my transcripts or can I just tell my college to validate them and send them for me?
5. Could you tell me what type of research is conducted at Shifa? I am a big research person and it would be amazing if I could do something there.
There are tons of more questions I have to ask but because of finals I do not have adequate time to post all of them.
Thank you all for reading though and I apologize if my questions have already been answered before on other threads.
Shukriya. Allah hafiz.
Last edited by Mobeen00; December 16th, 2008 at 05:00 AM.December 16th, 2008, 06:18 PM #2
1. You can usually apply pretty early, I'd say start applying as soon you have a completed application.
2. I don't know any college/university that takes application materials piece by piece. Complete everything first, then apply.
3. They only care about the scores.
4. High school transcripts have to come from the high school.
5. There's mostly basic science research conducted at Shifa, though there are a few clinical studies going on as well.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By pioneer in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 20Last Post: February 22nd, 2015, 08:35 AM
- By imrankharal in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 164Last Post: June 30th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Central Park Medical College or Islamic International Medical College or Avicenna Medical College? Shifa?By Moiz93 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 29Last Post: October 31st, 2012, 10:44 AM
- By scoobydoo in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: October 19th, 2012, 03:25 AM
- By MissSI in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 3Last Post: November 25th, 2011, 05:24 PM