Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
- January 1st, 2009, 10:50 PM #1
- Member Since
- Jan 2009
- 0 times
what is the best pakistani medical school?
I know this will generate some biased answers. If possible if people could objectively state the good and bad points of their medical school it would build up a useful picture to those thinking of applying.
I work in academic medicine in the UK and have my own views about the various graduates I've seen over the last 15 years or so. But before i do that it would be good to generate some responses from recent graduates and current students.January 2nd, 2009, 09:25 PM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 2006
- Lake Forest, CA, United States
- 36 times
All in all, I would say that the strength of King Edward comes from its student base. The competition is really what drives kids to compete with each other, and what drives teachers/professors to challenge kids so that they give it their all. Also the fact that Lahore is a huge city with a lot of people, the number of patients that enter the hospitals affiliated with KEMU gives students a great chance to see numerous diseases. Again though, this is just from my own personal experience as a first year student going into his second year. I've still got 5 more years so my perceptions could change, and I definitely haven't yet seen everything the institution has to offer.
Also the criteria by which students are admitted into government colleges like King Edward are two: FSc. marks and an entry test (called the MCAT -- but not the same one as the one in the U.S.). Based on that you can make a pretty fair assumption that students entering government medical colleges aren't nearly as well-rounded as those in most Western countries, but that's not to undermine their academic calibre. Academically speaking, I think it's safe to say the students that attend the university are some of the greatest minds in Pakistan.
Last edited by Smeer; January 2nd, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By fishworld in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 3Last Post: April 6th, 2012, 02:05 AM
- By stoodyus in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 6Last Post: August 6th, 2010, 05:49 AM
- By swansong in forum Other International Medical SchoolsReplies: 1Last Post: October 24th, 2008, 12:56 PM
- By oichakdey in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 9Last Post: August 5th, 2008, 11:10 PM
- By saadia in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 1Last Post: June 24th, 2008, 02:25 AM