Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
- May 15th, 2009, 07:51 PM #1
How important is the GPA when applying for residency?
How important are grades when applying for residency? We are on a GPA system and I didn't do too great first semester- got a 2.9. So kinda worried.May 18th, 2009, 07:06 PM #2May 18th, 2009, 09:48 PM #3May 19th, 2009, 08:53 PM #4May 20th, 2009, 05:42 AM #5
I wouldn't worry about it. Most med schools in Pakistan use a grading system where 50% is considered passing and getting anything anything over 75% is next to impossible. Residency programs in the US and other countries are already used to this by now, so having low grades even all four years still won't be a problem let alone just the first semester.
Just as long as you keep passing everything and get a high step 1 score in the end, you'll be alright.August 18th, 2009, 11:02 PM #6
thanks for this!April 11th, 2014, 01:17 PM #7
- Member Since
- Apr 2014
- 2 times
ok if a person doesnt want to go abroad then what affect will the gpa have on his career?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By hammad khan in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)Replies: 6Last Post: December 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM
- By far2cool in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: November 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM
- By Doctor_No in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 3Last Post: October 30th, 2011, 02:46 AM
- By MZ89 in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 1Last Post: December 19th, 2010, 02:12 PM
- By sara ahmad in forum Dental DiscussionsReplies: 2Last Post: December 30th, 2007, 03:22 PM