Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
- July 5th, 2009, 11:22 PM #1
Entering university after five years
I have a question that's been bothering me since so long but hopefully I'll be able to find some answers here.
I'm a 26 years old female. I've lived most of my life in Kuwait and have graduated from a Pakistani pre-medical college here in Kuwait in the year 2004 with a score of 70% but for some family reasons, entering university was an option not available to me until this year.
I know my 70% isn't much and it's probably very meaningless now that it's been a little more than 5 years since my graduation. Something inside tells me that my old certificate won't be accepted in any college anywhere.
I want to apply to but seeing as I've lived away from Pakistan and have no relations with Pakistani people who actually study in there, I've turned to this place in hope I'll get some answers.
I'll be grateful to anyone who can help out.
- Firstly, is anyone here studying in WMC ? If yes, are you satisfied with your school ? Do you recommend it to others ?
- Lately, I've been hearing alot of news about the troubled situation in the Swat region and around it. Is it safe where you are ? Has the current political situation affected you in anyway ?
- What can I do to renew my certificate ? Should I retake my pre-medical classes and waste another two years of my life or is there an alternative ?
- I've read somwhere here that SATII scores can be accepted in place of high school certificates in many pricate colleges. Can I take a SATII exam even though I've studied in Pakistani schools ? I don't mean to brag, but I happen to be a very bright person I believe I can prepare myself for SATII exams if they are acceptable.
- When should I present my papers to WMC ? When is their entry exams ? If I do get a satisfactory result in SATII, will I still have to give an entry test ?
- And most importantly, when is the admission door closed ?
I've thoroughly read the sticky posts and so far they've helped me understand alot of things but now, I'm hoping I'll learn more about WMC and their rules.
Entering medical school has always been a big dream of mine. I've waited so long for this year I really want to know if I can make it. Please help a sister out with anything you know. Every little info will be of great help to me.
Any advice and answers will be highly appreciated.
i___iJuly 6th, 2009, 05:10 PM #2
some how your link to the college is not working...anyways here's what I think
* My brother studies at GIKI in Topi which according to my knowledge lies in NWFP. According to him life at this area is undisturbed.Moreover a friend of mine also studies in frontier medical college which is located in abottabad and she has no complaints of security or unrest...the rest lies with trusting Allah.
*Retaking your premedical classes would not improve your score in fact it could even be lowered because a lot has changed in the federal board system of examination.Now if you could study for SATs why not give a try for A Levels? It would save time as you can take all three subjects simultaneously and it is not very difficult if you study by concepts and not simply mugging up facts.
*Admissions usually start after June and end around end of October. Basically it depends on the place where you're applying. Previously there was a maximum age limit of 25 years but it was abolished last year.
Lastly good luck! may Allah help you in realizing your dream
oh and by the way since I am the first person to reply to your post, Welcome to the Forum!
Last edited by missakhwand; July 6th, 2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes correctionDo not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.July 6th, 2009, 06:32 PM #3
I was just wondering about from where must i apply for getting admission in ayub medical college from a foreign country?Through embassy or direct university?Is Sat II necessary?July 6th, 2009, 07:54 PM #4July 7th, 2009, 11:18 PM #5
Sorry about the dead link. It was up and running the day I wrote this post but for some reason, it seems to be down at the moment.
It's a relief to know things aren't troubled for your brother and other residents over there. I'm glad to know the current political situation isn't affecting the people in the northern regions directly. I'll have to work a little more on level up-ing my faith in Allah swt. Thank you for the reminder.
About SATII and A levels, I honestly don't know which one to take up. I will inquire at the British Council sometime soon and see what happens. I guess I won't be able to enter school this year after all. Preping for A levels or SATII is going to take me at least 6 months seeing as I've been academically inert for the past 5+ years. That means, I might be able to have my papers ready in January or February ;_;
Thank you very much for the welcoming, your feedback and the good wishes Missakhwand ♥
I'm still hoping for more feedback.July 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM #6About SATII and A levels, I honestly don't know which one to take up. I will inquire at the British Council sometime soon and see what happens. I guess I won't be able to enter school this year after all. Preping for A levels or SATII is going to take me at least 6 months seeing as I've been academically inert for the past 5+ years. That means, I might be able to have my papers ready in January or February ;_;
A Levels has has exams twice in a year one in January and the ither around June
For SAT you could check out this website
Anything else and I'll be right here inshaAllahDo not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.August 25th, 2009, 12:22 PM #7
well i applied for admission in frontier medical college..but my cousin applied in wmc..i personally feel that the teaching hospitals are not very good beacuse they are private,and secondly there is no security probelm in the city,because of the existence of pakistan military academy..so my suggestion to you is to get admit in fmc..because their admission procedure is not complex
GOD bless uSeptember 17th, 2010, 05:38 AM #8
- Member Since
- Aug 2010
- 3 times
So did you get in bdw i dnt knw why you were thinking of doing a levels etc,instead just apply on over-sea seat which is only a lakh more in wmc i think(and since you did your fsc from kuwait like out of pakistan,you would have been eligible for that seat),its definitely a lakh more in frontier medical college and you fit their over-sea criteria.Also getting good marks in the test will also enable you to get in your desired medical college.
Bdw the hospital is bad,it used to be old ayub medical teaching hospital(my father is ayubian and they used to practice there).Its more beded than fmc's hospital though i dont know which one is compartively better.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By Sonoftheroad in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 15Last Post: December 29th, 2014, 03:28 PM
- By Zaini33 in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 0Last Post: November 14th, 2012, 12:44 PM
- By misskhan in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 1Last Post: October 19th, 2012, 01:37 PM
- By Justina12 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: November 29th, 2011, 08:03 AM
- By blindfury86 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 20Last Post: December 27th, 2010, 12:58 PM