Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Clarification needed :S
- September 5th, 2009, 10:06 AM #1
- Member Since
- Aug 2009
- Overseas and Pakistan
- 2 times
Clarification needed :S
I was viewing some U.S hospital websites and I came across two or three different physicians who had done medicine from switzerland. They went on to do their specialization in switzerland as well.
Quite surprisingly, they are practicing medicine in the U.S. I wanted to know if that is possible? I've always heard that no matter where you graduate from you have to do your residency and fellowship in the U.S to practice in U.S as a physician.
Is there some law or policy with european schools to allow their graduates to practice without having to do those residencies and fellowships?September 9th, 2009, 03:40 PM #2
"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards." ~ Soren KierkegaardSeptember 9th, 2009, 04:58 PM #3
- Member Since
- Jul 2009
- Chicago, IL / Karachi, Pakistan
- 58 times
If you've completed a residency in your native country (or wherever you've completed your MD/MBBS from) and have passed the USMLE, then you're eligible for a fellowship.
If you want to stay and practice medicine however, you need to actually do a residency in the US again, meaning starting with the intern year.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By piyaj16 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: March 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM
- By neossiah in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 0Last Post: February 18th, 2011, 11:36 PM
- By urooj92 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: May 19th, 2010, 05:58 PM
- By Catalyst13 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: January 26th, 2010, 12:18 AM
- By sarahumber09 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: February 27th, 2008, 09:05 PM