Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Clarification Needed... :D
- September 10th, 2009, 03:19 AM #1
- Member Since
- Sep 2009
- 3 times
Clarification Needed... :D
I am a student studying in Canada in Grade 11 and had a few questions.
1. Does anyone know the general formula the IBCC uses for the Equivelence for Canadian students.
2. How is the dorm life in Pakistan?
3. Once i get admission can i get kicked out of the school for having a too low grade?
4. I heard that if i take Advanced Placement courses the IBCC cuts off a lower percentage. Is this true?
5. Which course's marks do Pakistani Medical Schools look at?
Thx for the help #winkSeptember 11th, 2009, 12:58 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jul 2009
- Chicago, IL / Karachi, Pakistan
- 58 times
2. I am going to be a first year med student this October. Although I'm not dorming, I took a tour of the dorms at my school's campus (DIMC) and asked around about how dorm life is. The dorms themselves at DIMC were decent in every sense, but they have strict rules and regulations (for example, you can't go out after 8 pm). It probably varies a little from college to college, but not by much. Again, it is best to talk to a current med student who dorms to find out the most accurate information.
3. I don't know about getting kicked out of school due to poor grades, but they can certainly fail you.
4. I took 7 AP classes in the course of high school and had mostly As and Bs on my high school transcript...it earned me 782/1100. From what I've heard, AP courses do help your score in some way.
5. If you're a foreigner, the IBCC equivalency certificate and possibly your SAT II scores are all they'll be looking at. I'm not sure which courses the IBCC takes into consideration when formulating their scores.
I don't know how helpful this was, but I hope that it at least gets you going in the right direction. Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message if you have any more questions in the future. Good luck, and I wish you all the best!"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards." ~ Soren KierkegaardJanuary 26th, 2010, 12:18 AM #3
- Member Since
- Jan 2010
- hamilton, canada
- 0 times
are you sure that you have to do SAT II as well??
Because I read at some places that they only require your high school diploma and all you need is the IBCC certificate. and after that you can apply ? :S
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By piyaj16 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: March 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM
- By neossiah in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 0Last Post: February 18th, 2011, 11:36 PM
- By urooj92 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: May 19th, 2010, 05:58 PM
- By AK47 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: September 9th, 2009, 04:58 PM
- By sarahumber09 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: February 27th, 2008, 09:05 PM