Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
- April 18th, 2015, 10:06 PM #1
IBCC And Physics
I am in Grade 11 in Canada and confused whether I MUST take Physics if I want to study MBBS in Pakistan.
I have gone through different threads here and what I gather is:
1) In order to get IBCC Pre-med eq you need one year of Physics
2) Without Physics you can get IBCC Humanities eq
3) Most Medical Schools are ok with Bio, Chem and Physics or Maths (hence Humanities eq)
4) Most Medical Schools are ok with SAT2 from Bio, Chem and either Physics or Maths
Is there a list of Medical Schools that require you MUST take one year of Physics and will not accept a Maths SAT subject test in lieu of Physics?
I am interested in applying to some colleges in Lahore and Shifa in ISB. I do understand its better if I take Physics but not to keen on taking it as I have made my course choices and would rather stick to them but if its a must I will try to start on it in this Summer.April 20th, 2015, 01:00 AM #2
Private med schools may be okay with a humanities certificate but you should confirm this first. Government sector med schools only accept premed certificates. Almost all are fine with a SAT 2 in mathApril 22nd, 2015, 07:40 AM #3
Thanks for your reply. It seems if I want to apply to a broad range of colleges, I must do Physics. When is generally the deadline to apply for admissions in Govt colleges? I just checked the Fatima Jinnah Medical College web site and was unable to find much info. The reason I am asking is I might delay one physics in summer after graduation from High school in June.April 22nd, 2015, 01:57 PM #4
You're welcome. The deadline is in October or early November for govt schools.
Last edited by Ghani1992; April 22nd, 2015 at 01:57 PM.April 24th, 2015, 02:51 AM #5
Thank You, that works.April 25th, 2015, 01:22 PM #6
I have done my high school in Ontario, Canada. I have taken grade 11 physics but not grade 12 physics. I have graduated from high school already. Do I still need to take the grade 12 physics?April 28th, 2015, 09:19 AM #7
Either you don't need Grade 11 and Grade 12 Physics at all or you need both of them, there is no such thing as half a year of Physics in FSc terms
One year of Physics means one semester of Grade 11 and one semester of Grade 12, or you can take them both in Grade 11 or Grade 12.
If you are about to be done with Grade 12, take Grade 12 Physics in summer after your finals in June (in summer school or private). It will be added to your transcript when school opens in September and you can apply for IBCC cert then.
I am hoping for one of the senior students on this forum to just pop in this thread one day and announce "i had done no physics and I applied and got accepted to this list of colleges with just IBCC humanities or without Pre-med or Physics"
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By nawaz97 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: October 25th, 2013, 01:14 PM
- By faith in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: August 7th, 2013, 03:33 PM
- By aisha.s in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: May 1st, 2013, 10:03 AM
- By znb13_1994 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: August 12th, 2012, 01:37 PM
- By marmar92 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: June 24th, 2010, 08:05 AM