Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Equivalence For O Level
- August 12th, 2015, 04:25 PM #1
- Member Since
- Apr 2014
- 2 times
Equivalence For O Level
I am a pakistani living in UAE where I did my O levels.
I took IGCSE in 7 subjects.
Information and Communication Technology A*
Urdu as a Second Language B
Can someone tell me the equivalence of these marks according to IBCC rules?
How much did I SCORE in METRIC?
PS:I did my o-levels from the UAE.August 13th, 2015, 03:32 PM #2
Because you are an overseas student, IBCC will consider five subjects. The following is what they say concerning this,
"Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives."
I will use Chemistry, Biology, and Physics as the three electives when I calculate your equivalence.
For an A* IBCC uses 90 marks. So, as you have five A*'s, they will equate to 450. (90 times 5 is 450)
Then you multiply 450 with 900. (900 because those are the total marks) 450 times 900 is 405,000.
This 405,000 will be divided by 500. (500 because your equating for five subjects. So, each subject stands for a '100'.) 405,000 divided by 500 is 810.
Your metric score is therefore 810/900.
Hope this helps.
~~Un chat retombe toujours sur ses pattes~~
~~Neko ni kyuusei ari~~
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By mfakha in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: September 16th, 2014, 03:47 PM
- By 111hasni111 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 4Last Post: July 27th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Going to Get My O-Level and A-Level Results in the Same Year. Will I Be Able to Get Equivalence in Time?By 111hasni111 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: December 6th, 2012, 10:56 AM
- By amerhch in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 5Last Post: February 17th, 2012, 10:40 AM
- By saeedanjum in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 7Last Post: October 16th, 2010, 07:41 PM