Reply to Thread
Results 101 to 120 of 890
- October 4th, 2006, 12:15 AM #101
shifa !!.....tehmina is a T.A in the patho department !October 4th, 2006, 12:20 AM #102
btw just so none of u get any funny ideas,....my fourth year AT shifa ends in two weeks ....so having a bhabee invigilate shifa entrance exam will not effect me in ANY way !! hahaOctober 4th, 2006, 08:26 AM #103
A few things:
- Nausheen, stop showing off #wink
- There are 50 seats total. There are NO SEATS RESERVED FOR FOREIGNERS. 10 seats out of the 50 are for the children of Shifa International Hospital share holders but usually the full 10 are not used every year. Foreigners have to compete for the same 50 seats as everyone else does.
- There are definitely more than 1000 applicants.
- Please send all your bribes/leniency requests to Tehmina (who will be a proctor at the Shifa Entrance Exam) by clicking on her Med Studentz profile !
October 4th, 2006, 10:32 PM #104
r u kidding me ??? with the amount of hard work i have put into every prof; i totally shud be showing off !!! #nerd
hehe !October 5th, 2006, 03:48 AM #105October 5th, 2006, 11:42 PM #106
quit playing daddy riz !October 6th, 2006, 01:11 AM #107
Oye Riz, tu bada "daddy" bun geya.class of 2010October 6th, 2006, 03:40 AM #108
This forum has a purpose. It's not Orkut. If the rest of your posts are going to have absolutely nothing to do with the topic, then they'll be moved or deleted as needed.
Stick to the topic or take it to the MS Lounge.
Thanks for your cooperation.
You need not reply to this post.October 7th, 2006, 05:24 PM #109
Does anyone know the approximate number of students that will be applying to Shifa this year? and Last year- wat was the highest merit? How well do people do in the entrance exam?October 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM #110October 8th, 2006, 01:33 AM #111
there r 1100 ,...for 44 seats ,.... i was talking to the asst dean,...he told me !October 8th, 2006, 01:38 AM #112October 8th, 2006, 08:09 PM #113
why 44 seats? It says 50 seats in the website! :OOctober 8th, 2006, 08:54 PM #114
i'll ask him when i see him next ,.... he just mentioned the whole thing during a conversation, and having no reason to inquire about an entrance exam since im way past that stage ,..i didn't ask him. i'll see if i can catch him sometime soon ,...will let u know whats happening to the 6 seats .October 8th, 2006, 10:40 PM #115October 9th, 2006, 03:25 PM #116
Shifa's deadline for new applications has been extended until tomorrow:
Tuesday October 10th, 2006 until 3 PM.
Probably won't make much of a difference but just wanted to let everyone know.October 10th, 2006, 12:06 AM #117
Thats just fabulous. We need more competition for those 44 seats. I am pretty sure atleast another 50 people applied by the extended deadline. I am gonna go and research other third world countries where I can get a cheap 5-year MBBS degree.
#angryOctober 10th, 2006, 11:48 AM #118
Its really scary stuff. But i've heard from a friend that they are more lenient with overseas students, is that true?
What is a decent estimate for the number of overseas students they take in these 50 students? Sorry, 44.October 10th, 2006, 11:58 AM #119
Out of a class of 50 I'd say based upon their past history they'll probably take 3-5 foreign applicants -- but thats by no means some absolute rule. Just what we've seen from experience in the last few years. Before that Shifa had another person running the admissions department and his administration was much more pro-foreigners than the new administration seems to be.
Good luck to everyone who has applied!October 10th, 2006, 11:06 PM #120
Thanks for being so proactive about this btw.
I just wnted to bother u a lil bit more, do u have any ideas about when the results are coming and the merit lists and stuff, cos i need to go back home and im stuck in pakistan till i get those!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By imrankharal in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 164Last Post: June 30th, 2013, 07:07 PM
- By MissSI in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 3Last Post: November 25th, 2011, 05:24 PM
- By irumaz in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 1Last Post: March 7th, 2010, 03:48 PM
- By star child in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 1Last Post: November 26th, 2009, 11:28 PM
- By Rehan in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 22Last Post: March 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM