Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread: How Can I Practice In The USA?
- December 27th, 2015, 12:39 PM #1December 28th, 2015, 12:42 PM #2
No, the USA believes that only schools in their territory are ok, if you come with a degree from any other country you will be treated as if you didn't have elementary school.
If a company is sponsoring you then it can be possible. But as i said, the USA are extremely egocentric and they only like made in USA stuff.December 28th, 2015, 04:06 PM #3December 28th, 2015, 04:28 PM #4
I personally know many Doctors who went to school abroad (including Pakistan) and are currently practicing and doing very well in the USA.
- - - Updated - - -December 28th, 2015, 05:43 PM #5
- Member Since
- Sep 2013
- 278 times
Local US graduates pass the USMLE just as IMGs do. The competition is due to the very large number of applicants. And the fact that some who pass still can't land a residency is due to the saturation in the US, not discrimination. If you have electives experience inside the US, the matching process gets a bit easier for you.December 28th, 2015, 08:10 PM #6December 29th, 2015, 12:51 AM #7
Things are about to get easier or tougher for IMG's starting next year, they will probably not remain the same. Here is a copy and paste from a post I had posted few months back. Please note the 15,000 number below will be over the period of 5 years whenever it gets approved and can change also.
If you areputting all your eggs in one basket, please be aware of the following. In USAthere were about 5 new Medical colleges that started 3 or 4 years ago. Thismeans starting 2016 more local graduates and hence less openings for IMG's. Onthe flip side, there is a bill in US Congress languishing for quite some yearsto increase 15000 residency positions. If that ever gets approved, things willget very good for IMG's. So either things will get better or worse, they willnot stay the same.
This link isregarding the bill and aamc take on it:
This link is for its status in US Congress:
December 29th, 2015, 10:48 AM #8
- Member Since
- Jul 2013
- Khyber Medical College
- 28 times
have good USMLE step scores and USCE ( electives ). Also for IMG's pick residencies like IM, pediatrics, Family med, psychiatry ..December 29th, 2015, 05:00 PM #9
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By graags12 in forum European Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: December 21st, 2015, 11:47 AM
- By MastahRiz in forum The Pre-Med LifeReplies: 55Last Post: April 2nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
- By Prince MD Khan in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 10Last Post: March 7th, 2015, 03:16 PM
- By MastahRiz in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)Replies: 14Last Post: September 3rd, 2014, 12:00 PM
- By honestdave in forum Med Studentz LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: March 22nd, 2006, 09:00 AM