Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
- December 27th, 2010, 07:35 PM #1
AKU or DIMC
can anyone please tell me some advantages and disadvantages of both AKU and DIMC?
I heard from someone I know that AKU has very poor clinical practice compared to DIMC.. Is that true?#confused
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks a lot!
iqrarocks #nerdDecember 27th, 2010, 09:30 PM #2
By all means AKU is definitely a better choice than DIMC or any other school genrally...in almost every aspect...which is a reason why it's the top place to be at in Pakistan. In terms of the clinical aspect, I really doubt that AKU has a poor clincal practice. Being a DIMC students myself, AKU should be a first choice. But sure both schools may have their their pros in cons but with the overall judgement Aga Khan is the place to be if accepted.December 27th, 2010, 11:28 PM #3
^ thank you so much for the reply!
i am also considering DIMC inshAllah since you are a DIMC student, can you answer some of my questions please?
1)Is it true or is it a rumor that the good students of DIMC can get transferred to DMC?
2) Did anyone graduate from DIMC yet? (I am thinking no because since it opened in 2006? but maybe i am wrong?)
3) How is the faculty, in general? The environment?
Thanks for all the help!!!
iqrarocksDecember 28th, 2010, 12:05 AM #4
I've answered most these question so many times in other threads lol. But what the heck!
1) No, it's not true...once your in DIMC, you stay in DIMC lol...and once again DIMC does not have dumb students! Someone should really clear out that rumour!
2) No, there arent any graduates from DIMC at the moment. I think by next year we will have the first graduating class.
3) The environment is one of the big reasons why I came to DIMC...really friendly. You will blend in easily. The faculty generally is pretty good...apart from minor drawbacks but I'm sure all schools have that.
Just as a side note... the ONLY difference between DMC and DIMC is that DIMC is loaded with foreigners and DMC is more with locals. When it comes to competition...it is a fact that DMC is more competitive beyond a reasonable doubt. But everything else is the exact same...from time tables to lectures to exams.December 28th, 2010, 12:53 AM #5
ok thanks and sorry you had to repeat the answersDecember 28th, 2010, 01:04 AM #6
It's alright...and also i forgot to mention...DIMC starts its classes roughly 2 months before DMC. So once you're enrolled in DIMC...you can still transfer to DMC within that time range, if you're on merit.December 28th, 2010, 01:41 AM #7
^thanks again for the informative reply. but what does "if you're on merit" mean?
iqrarocksDecember 28th, 2010, 02:28 AM #8
It just means if you have really good marks, which would make you really competitive over other applicants.December 29th, 2010, 10:02 PM #9
^ sorry again, but good marks in what?
iqrarocksDecember 29th, 2010, 11:07 PM #10
In your highschool/ inter years...December 30th, 2010, 01:04 AM #11December 31st, 2010, 06:03 PM #12
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By soomrokoonj@y in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 15Last Post: August 13th, 2014, 04:49 PM
- By sharmin_khan in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: September 25th, 2011, 02:30 AM
- By mohd753 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: April 13th, 2011, 11:34 AM
- By mohd753 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: April 5th, 2011, 05:16 AM
- By ddk82 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 1Last Post: September 14th, 2007, 09:28 PM