CMH vs Shalamar
Our Sponsors
Welcome to Med Studentz Medical Forums, a friendly and informative student community where you can join thousands of other medical students from all over the world discussing everything related to medical school admissions, studying for medical licensing exams, and the medical profession in general.

As a registered member you will be able to:

  • Post and participate in discussions throughout the board.
  • Communicate with other medical students around the world.
  • Find the latest valuable information regarding how to obtain research and clinical electives, internships and residencies.
  • Access special Members Only features not available to unregistered users.
All this and much more is available to you
absolutely free when you register for an account.
Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 98233

Thread: CMH vs Shalamar

  1. #1
    Med Studentz Pro
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    72 times

    CMH vs Shalamar

    I was wondering which place between the two is a better medical college? In terms of crowd, faculty, experience and patient exposure.
  2. #2
    Med Studentz Beginner
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureDr. View Post
    I was wondering which place between the two is a better medical college? In terms of crowd, faculty, experience and patient exposure.
    I'd say CMH if you are an Alevels student. Whats your aggregate?
  3. #3
    Med Studentz Pro
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aleena211 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureDr. View Post
    I was wondering which place between the two is a better medical college? In terms of crowd, faculty, experience and patient exposure.
    I'd say CMH if you are an Alevels student. Whats your aggregate?
    I got 83.9%. CMH might be hard to get into because of the SAT 2 scores. I have 2110 and couldn't make it last year. And yes I'm from A levels.
  4. Remove Advertisements
    MedStudentz.com
    Advertisements

  5. #4
    Med Studentz Beginner
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureDr. View Post
    I got 83.9%. CMH might be hard to get into because of the SAT 2 scores. I have 2110 and couldn't make it last year. And yes I'm from A levels.
    Oh. What was the closing aggregate of cmh last year? And are you applying to cmh on the same score this year as well?
    I hope you do get into cmh this year because its no doubt the best private medical college here with pretty much the same crowd we Alevels students are used to.
  6. #5
    Med Studentz Pro
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aleena211 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureDr. View Post
    I got 83.9%. CMH might be hard to get into because of the SAT 2 scores. I have 2110 and couldn't make it last year. And yes I'm from A levels.
    Oh. What was the closing aggregate of cmh last year? And are you applying to cmh on the same score this year as well?
    I hope you do get into cmh this year because its no doubt the best private medical college here with pretty much the same crowd we Alevels students are used to.
    I have no idea. I had 87.75% with SAT2 and they told me I didn't get in by 14-16 seats. I think it was 88 something. I want to retake SAT 2 though I have little hopes of getting in because the merit will be higher this year probably since more kids will give sat 2 and score more. I know. Where did you do A levels from? What did your aggregate come with MCAT?
  7. #6
    Med Studentz Newbie
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    This time nums is taking test for cmh and there are not regular local seats for sat 2 candidates...only nums score will be taken into account
  8. #7
    Med Studentz Beginner
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureDr. View Post
    I have no idea. I had 87.75% with SAT2 and they told me I didn't get in by 14-16 seats. I think it was 88 something. I want to retake SAT 2 though I have little hopes of getting in because the merit will be higher this year probably since more kids will give sat 2 and score more. I know. Where did you do A levels from? What did your aggregate come with MCAT?
    I hope you did appear in the NUMS test because that was mandatory for cmh this year. With NUMS test the merit sure will be higher this time round!
    Well I did it from Beaconhouse and have 960 equivalence. I screwed up my MCAT and have 76.8 aggregate. Where have you done your alevels from?
    I am giving SAT2 this october so fingers are crossed.
  9. #8
    Med Studentz Newbie
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    83.9 ur mcat aggregate ???
    If its mcat aggregaye than u cnnot even apply in cmh...
    Nums test is must for cmh
  10. #9
    Med Studentz Pro
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Husnain12 View Post
    This time nums is taking test for cmh and there are not regular local seats for sat 2 candidates...only nums score will be taken into account
    No no. They are taking SAT 2 for local candidates who appeared in NUMS too.
  11. #10
    Med Studentz Beginner
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Husnain12 View Post
    This time nums is taking test for cmh and there are not regular local seats for sat 2 candidates...only nums score will be taken into account
    They reverted their policy in July. Sat2 is acceptable now
  12. #11
    Med Studentz Pro
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aleena211 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureDr. View Post
    I have no idea. I had 87.75% with SAT2 and they told me I didn't get in by 14-16 seats. I think it was 88 something. I want to retake SAT 2 though I have little hopes of getting in because the merit will be higher this year probably since more kids will give sat 2 and score more. I know. Where did you do A levels from? What did your aggregate come with MCAT?
    I hope you did appear in the NUMS test because that was mandatory for cmh this year. With NUMS test the merit sure will be higher this time round!
    Well I did it from Beaconhouse and have 960 equivalence. I screwed up my MCAT and have 76.8 aggregate. Where have you done your alevels from?
    I am giving SAT2 this october so fingers are crossed.
    I did. I scored like 124/180. With NUMS and SAT 2 it's a given because SAT 2 is very easy to score in. Specially if you repeat it.
    I did my A levels from LGS. Ohh! You should apply to Central Park though. I have heard good things about it. I took a gap year. This year mcat was way easier than the last year one.
    In Shaa Allah I hope you score amazing on your SAT 2 and make it :v:
  13. #12
    Med Studentz Beginner
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureDr. View Post
    I did. I scored like 124/180. With NUMS and SAT 2 it's a given because SAT 2 is very easy to score in. Specially if you repeat it.
    I did my A levels from LGS. Ohh! You should apply to Central Park though. I have heard good things about it. I took a gap year. This year mcat was way easier than the last year one.
    In Shaa Allah I hope you score amazing on your SAT 2 and make it :v:
    But I've heard people scoring alot in NUMS test conducted in August. I got 126/180 but it doesnt really matter
    Yeah SAT2 is alot easier to score in so almost all admissions especially in mbbs are SAT2 based. I hope that I cross 2250 InshaaAllah!
    I am planning to apply in Avicenna. I'll definitely look into central park now aswell.
    InshaAllah we both will end up somewhere that will prove to be best for us!
  14. #13
    Med Studentz Pro
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aleena211 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureDr. View Post
    I did. I scored like 124/180. With NUMS and SAT 2 it's a given because SAT 2 is very easy to score in. Specially if you repeat it.
    I did my A levels from LGS. Ohh! You should apply to Central Park though. I have heard good things about it. I took a gap year. This year mcat was way easier than the last year one.
    In Shaa Allah I hope you score amazing on your SAT 2 and make it :v:
    But I've heard people scoring alot in NUMS test conducted in August. I got 126/180 but it doesnt really matter
    Yeah SAT2 is alot easier to score in so almost all admissions especially in mbbs are SAT2 based. I hope that I cross 2250 InshaaAllah!
    I am planning to apply in Avicenna. I'll definitely look into central park now aswell.
    InshaAllah we both will end up somewhere that will prove to be best for us!
    Actually most of the people who took NUMS did it for AMC and the rest. Majority scoring high in NUMS and who get in will be 170+ people. Nobody got full unlike in SAT 2 where you can :p I bet majority admissions will be sat 2 based. So dw
    In Shaa Allah.
    Ohh I actually had a friend who went to avicenna. She quit it because she said their dean is insane. He is very strict and keeps kids till late. And is very uncompromising and a lot of negative stuff like that. So do look into that. And central park seems A level oriented to me btw. Do check it. I hope the same ameen :')
    aleena211 likes this.
    Reply to Thread

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

      Similar Threads

      1. Shifa,CMH Or Shalamar
        By mosin123 in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 18
        Last Post: October 25th, 2015, 03:39 AM
      2. CMH Or Shalamar?
        By Bilal.shah in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 18
        Last Post: November 12th, 2014, 04:07 PM
      3. Which College To Choose. Wah, Shalamar, Sharif, FMH,CMH
        By Amir in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 1
        Last Post: September 10th, 2014, 08:20 PM
      4. Shalamar or LMDC?
        By samtarar in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 91
        Last Post: July 4th, 2012, 10:13 PM
      5. Wah/shalamar
        By lite_lord in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 43
        Last Post: November 6th, 2011, 01:12 PM