Avicenna college
Our Sponsors
Welcome to Med Studentz Medical Forums, a friendly and informative student community where you can join thousands of other medical students from all over the world discussing everything related to medical school admissions, studying for medical licensing exams, and the medical profession in general.

As a registered member you will be able to:

  • Post and participate in discussions throughout the board.
  • Communicate with other medical students around the world.
  • Find the latest valuable information regarding how to obtain research and clinical electives, internships and residencies.
  • Access special Members Only features not available to unregistered users.
All this and much more is available to you
absolutely free when you register for an account.
Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Med Studentz Newbie
    Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times

    Avicenna college

    Is there any chance of getting into Avicenna with 890 in Fsc? Basically alevels with 3B's
    Should i apply?
  2. #2
    Med Studentz Beginner
    Member Since
    May 2015
    Posts
    94
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainat18 View Post
    Is there any chance of getting into Avicenna with 890 in Fsc? Basically alevels with 3B's
    Should i apply?
    You should apply , but I would suggest first to check out this college, it is notorious of being an extremely strict and sadist college, the principal is known to be a nutcase, it's results are very good in 90% but environment is the worst ,last year a student also committed suicide in that college, try to check online for information about this college or talk to students of this college.
  3. #3
    Med Studentz Newbie
    Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    The principal is really strict. I've heard that he rips boys pants if they aren't with accordance to the college requirements. Also, he treats girls harshly too. But on the plus side, he lets the good achieving students go at the time the college ends and keeps the students that don't do well till late. So as far as studies are concerned it is a good place.
  4. #4
    Med Studentz Pro armourlessknight's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    268
    Liked
    116 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hmalik View Post
    You should apply , but I would suggest first to check out this college, it is notorious of being an extremely strict and sadist college, the principal is known to be a nutcase, it's results are very good in 90% but environment is the worst ,last year a student also committed suicide in that college, try to check online for information about this college or talk to students of this college.
    I agree with everything you've said except for the suicide part. The student fell off the building, accidentally. He did not commit suicide, he was close to a friend of mine.

    Other than that, Avicenna is pretty much summed up in the fact that it has a harsh environment. Avicenna produces results, but, at a price.
  5. #5
    Med Studentz Beginner
    Member Since
    May 2015
    Posts
    94
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by armourlessknight View Post
    I agree with everything you've said except for the suicide part. The student fell off the building, accidentally. He did not commit suicide, he was close to a friend of mine.

    Other than that, Avicenna is pretty much summed up in the fact that it has a harsh environment. Avicenna produces results, but, at a price.
    Oh I didn't know that , in news they said police were treating the accident as suspicious ,anyway God knows what happened may his soul RIP
  6. #6
    Med Studentz Newbie
    Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Woah thats scary! But the result and the quality would be worth that strictness only thing i am concerned about my grades and if they admit me ! Honestly i would be dancing with joy if i get admission idc if its harsh or anything!
  7. #7
    Med Studentz Pro armourlessknight's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    268
    Liked
    116 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainat18 View Post
    Woah thats scary! But the result and the quality would be worth that strictness only thing i am concerned about my grades and if they admit me ! Honestly i would be dancing with joy if i get admission idc if its harsh or anything!
    They only consider FSC scores. You have a chance on the basis of donations.
    Reply to Thread

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

      Similar Threads

      1. About Avicenna Medical College
        By eishaf in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 8
        Last Post: October 19th, 2015, 02:59 PM
      2. Is Avicenna Medical College Safe?
        By armourlessknight in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 8
        Last Post: October 6th, 2015, 12:11 AM
      3. queries about Avicenna medical college
        By maha321 in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 9
        Last Post: October 5th, 2015, 03:22 PM
      4. Avicenna Medical College Lahore
        By sizz in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 3
        Last Post: October 10th, 2014, 12:47 PM
      5. About Avicenna Medical College
        By HassanShahzad in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
        Replies: 1
        Last Post: December 3rd, 2013, 12:04 AM