Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
- September 24th, 2012, 06:46 AM #1
Classes in Medical College (Pakistan)
I'm waiting on acceptance from medical colleges in Pakistan nowadays. I'm from NY. In the meantime I wanted to ask what classes are like in medical college etc. so that I can start preparations. Are there lectures? Do the professors use powerpoints? What do most people use to study/ take notes, laptops or notebooks? do students wear backpacks or carry their books around campus? do you take your textbooks to class? how long are classes? and are their uniforms in any of the medical colleges? stuff like that. If anyone could give me some details, that would be great. ThanksSeptember 24th, 2012, 09:25 AM #2
Others may have different ideas about these questions but here are the answers from my experience at a private medical college:
1. Yes, there are daily lectures.
2. Professors at most private colleges definitely use powerpoints and many times will make the lecture file available for students to copy over via a USB flash drive.
3. Students mostly take notes with pen and paper still. Laptops/notebooks aren't really the norm.
4. Wearing a backpack or carrying your books to school is seen as a sign of being totally uncool. The reason is that kids in Pakistan who go to elementary school carry their books and wear backpacks and college and university students try to distance themselves from that so they try to carry absolutely nothing if they can help it. I think it's silly and I use a backpack anyways.
5. Lectures are usually an hour to two hours long. Dissections and labs in the basic years go longer and in the clinical years, your time in the clinical wards can go all day depending on the schedule.
6. Some private medical colleges do require uniforms.
Others can add to this with any information that they have.September 24th, 2012, 09:25 AM #3September 24th, 2012, 06:55 PM #4September 24th, 2012, 10:28 PM #5
Thanks !! another question i have is what are your guys's study routines? do you get hw or is it mostly just studying? how many hours? what time do you like to go to sleep...or what time do you get to go to sleep? what time ur classes end etc.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By Malkera in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 21Last Post: November 13th, 2012, 09:46 PM
- By No name in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 1Last Post: November 12th, 2012, 12:05 PM
- By amna_13 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 9Last Post: June 20th, 2011, 11:26 PM
- By kuchwa in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 16Last Post: December 10th, 2008, 09:02 PM
- By hassannn in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 3Last Post: November 30th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Tags for this Thread