Medicine for Starters - Page 7
Our Sponsors
Welcome to Med Studentz Medical Forums, a friendly and informative student community where you can join thousands of other medical students from all over the world discussing everything related to medical school admissions, studying for medical licensing exams, and the medical profession in general.

As a registered member you will be able to:

  • Post and participate in discussions throughout the board.
  • Communicate with other medical students around the world.
  • Find the latest valuable information regarding how to obtain research and clinical electives, internships and residencies.
  • Access special Members Only features not available to unregistered users.
All this and much more is available to you
absolutely free when you register for an account.
Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 149
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Medicine for Starters

  1. #121
    Med Studentz Regular Zaini33's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    189 times
    SendUp Exams next week
    Can anybody tell me what is the total marks distribution for 2nd year students to pass UHS Proff?
    I00 marks are for written and 10 for internal assess, but what about viva and ospe? I had a hard copy of the pdf for such distribution but lost it...
    Ibn Sina(The Doctor of Doctors!)
    His major contribution to medical science was his famous book al-Qanun which remained supreme for SIX CENTURIES and surveyed the entire medical knowledge available from ancient and Muslim sources. Al-Qanun is like this massive medical book even worse than B.D anatomy (as has no pic) but I still hope to give it a read someday.
  2. #122
    Med Studentz Regular cefspan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    118
    Liked
    69 times
    Download the syllabus from uhs.edu.pk
  3. #123
    Med Studentz Regular Zaini33's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    189 times
    syllabus why? does it tell us that how many marks are reserved for ospe and viva? i have one syllabus copy but nothing like this mentioned there.
    and also this year all 3 subjects are of equal weight-age right? I mean physio and anatomy don't hold more marks compared to biochem?

    Guys who make UHS papers? Last year, as UHS makes OSPE exams separate for every college, gave us such a worst Bochem OSPE paper! All Questions in those 9 non-observed stations were from 2nd year syllabus. How do I know? Because I read those concepts this year!
    It totally baffled us. Even our teachers were saying that what the hell did uhs do to my batch. totally trying to fail us!
    Ibn Sina(The Doctor of Doctors!)
    His major contribution to medical science was his famous book al-Qanun which remained supreme for SIX CENTURIES and surveyed the entire medical knowledge available from ancient and Muslim sources. Al-Qanun is like this massive medical book even worse than B.D anatomy (as has no pic) but I still hope to give it a read someday.
  4. #124
    bkn
    bkn is offline
    Med Studentz Pro bkn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    312
    Liked
    164 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaini33 View Post
    syllabus why? does it tell us that how many marks are reserved for ospe and viva? i have one syllabus copy but nothing like this mentioned there.
    and also this year all 3 subjects are of equal weight-age right? I mean physio and anatomy don't hold more marks compared to biochem?

    Guys who make UHS papers? Last year, as UHS makes OSPE exams separate for every college, gave us such a worst Bochem OSPE paper! All Questions in those 9 non-observed stations were from 2nd year syllabus. How do I know? Because I read those concepts this year!
    It totally baffled us. Even our teachers were saying that what the hell did uhs do to my batch. totally trying to fail us!
    45 marks for seq's, 45 for mcqs
    45 for viva, 45 for ospe

    20 for internal assessment...as in10 added to the written and 10 to the practical

    At least this is the way it was in 1st year
    Zaini33 likes this.
  5. #125
    Med Studentz Regular cefspan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    118
    Liked
    69 times
    I do think marks distribution is given in the syllabus
    Check the new version
    Zaini33 likes this.
  6. #126
    Med Studentz Regular Zaini33's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    189 times
    Guys was UHS fair to you people last year?
    It wasn't at all at least in my case!
    As already said before, UHS gave my Batch A such a horrible biochem OSPE exam paper! (and to cry out loud, the other 3 batches of my class didn't get as horrible paper as mine but theirs' were also out of syllabus).
    All those 9 non-observed stations were asking us about METABOLISM and Diseases like Glaucoma and what not!
    And then the "Viva External Professors" were trying their best too to make us fail!
    Isn't there any criteria that you should ask at least 5 viva questions or so? Because my Physio External asked me just 2 questions and that's that! Why UHS sent those really strict externals to us? (I don't know whether it is appropriate to say here or not but one of those externals kept asking who is of this particular cast amongst us and then latter on I came to know that he didn't even ask questions from members of that cast and just passed them!) I mean what the hell! Doesn't UHS has any kind of control or checking mechanism over such Professors?
    Ibn Sina(The Doctor of Doctors!)
    His major contribution to medical science was his famous book al-Qanun which remained supreme for SIX CENTURIES and surveyed the entire medical knowledge available from ancient and Muslim sources. Al-Qanun is like this massive medical book even worse than B.D anatomy (as has no pic) but I still hope to give it a read someday.
  7. #127
    Med Studentz Regular cefspan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    118
    Liked
    69 times
    No and no
    That's always the case with uhs
  8. #128
    Med Studentz Regular Zaini33's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    189 times
    aww but this is soooo UNFAIR! we work so hard the whole year and then at the end Professors and UHS give us the so called "reward" for it!
    But I also know that many medical colleges make their students cheat a lot. Professors tell them answers of OSPE exams and then internal viva examiners take very easy viva and give them such a good internal assessment marks (14 or 15 out of 20!)
    UHS should introduce some kind of procedure in which all these factors are checked and no cheating or leniency or biased attitude allowed. (No offence intended but Private Medical colleges do this more than government ones).
    Ibn Sina(The Doctor of Doctors!)
    His major contribution to medical science was his famous book al-Qanun which remained supreme for SIX CENTURIES and surveyed the entire medical knowledge available from ancient and Muslim sources. Al-Qanun is like this massive medical book even worse than B.D anatomy (as has no pic) but I still hope to give it a read someday.
  9. #129
    Med Studentz Regular cefspan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    118
    Liked
    69 times
    Hmmmm
    I am from cmh and do know one of my batch mates was failed by internal in prof
    The best thing you can do is get to the top and change the system, but for that you have to bear the system first
    Zaini33 likes this.
  10. #130
    Med Studentz Regular Zaini33's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    189 times
    The new syllabus is taking ages to download. Can somebody please upload screen shots here or post the distribution or something? thanks in advance
    Ibn Sina(The Doctor of Doctors!)
    His major contribution to medical science was his famous book al-Qanun which remained supreme for SIX CENTURIES and surveyed the entire medical knowledge available from ancient and Muslim sources. Al-Qanun is like this massive medical book even worse than B.D anatomy (as has no pic) but I still hope to give it a read someday.
  11. #131
    Med Studentz Regular rosequartz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    172
    Liked
    101 times
    Hi,

    I uploaded the revised syllabus onto Google drive. Check it out:



    - - - Updated - - -

    Part II starts on P. 38, I think.
    Zaini33 likes this.
  12. #132
    Med Studentz Regular Zaini33's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    189 times
    8 clinical wards in 3rd year & each ward is of 20 days. general patho, micro, pharma, b.v, forensic in 3rd yr.
    Cross one river of fire and you end up in next! but don't worry we are all in this together...gonna die together too haha
    Best of luck Fellas for Proff!
    rizwan94 likes this.
    Ibn Sina(The Doctor of Doctors!)
    His major contribution to medical science was his famous book al-Qanun which remained supreme for SIX CENTURIES and surveyed the entire medical knowledge available from ancient and Muslim sources. Al-Qanun is like this massive medical book even worse than B.D anatomy (as has no pic) but I still hope to give it a read someday.
  13. #133
    Med Studentz Beginner
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    74
    Liked
    63 times
    stay relaxed and be happy............. tension only makes things worse

    - - - Updated - - -

    stay relaxed and be happy............. tension only makes things worse
  14. #134
    Med Studentz Newbie
    Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi guys, im new to this forum and to the MBBS world. Every information you guys have shared is quite helpful, but ive got problems of my own. People have told me that MBBS is out-of-the-world tough and made me start doubting my choice. Ive always been an exceptional student, Ma Shaa Allah, but, i worry too much (and maybe thats the reason im posting here).
    Can anyone tell me how first year in mbbs will be like? Is it an advanced version of a levels? My inter concepts are a little weak since i did a levels and did my prep for mcat by myself. My ratta-fying power isnt that good, and people have scared me that MBBS is pure ratta. Im scared i wont be able to keep up with whats been taught and that it might be too tough for me to handle.
    Any guidance seniors?
  15. #135
    Med Studentz Addict Crypt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    965
    Liked
    390 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmaressana View Post
    Hi guys, im new to this forum and to the MBBS world. Every information you guys have shared is quite helpful, but ive got problems of my own. People have told me that MBBS is out-of-the-world tough and made me start doubting my choice. Ive always been an exceptional student, Ma Shaa Allah, but, i worry too much (and maybe thats the reason im posting here).
    Can anyone tell me how first year in mbbs will be like? Is it an advanced version of a levels? My inter concepts are a little weak since i did a levels and did my prep for mcat by myself. My ratta-fying power isnt that good, and people have scared me that MBBS is pure ratta. Im scared i wont be able to keep up with whats been taught and that it might be too tough for me to handle.
    Any guidance seniors?
    The anxiety is just because u havent 'started' yet.

    And no,
    Only biochemistry is a little advanced version of alevels,
    And 'nothing else'.

    Its not go-crazy difficult.
    Just requires a good management of time into all the subjects.

    There is,
    No doubt,

    Alot of memorization.
    But it isnt basless and headless like in fsc,
    So its easy to do.
    Even interesting.

    So 'exceptional' student,
    Hopefully u will stay Exceptional.
  16. #136
    Med Studentz Newbie
    Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
    The anxiety is just because u havent 'started' yet.

    And no,
    Only biochemistry is a little advanced version of alevels,
    And 'nothing else'.

    Its not go-crazy difficult.
    Just requires a good management of time into all the subjects.

    There is,
    No doubt,

    Alot of memorization.
    But it isnt basless and headless like in fsc,
    So its easy to do.
    Even interesting.

    So 'exceptional' student,
    Hopefully u will stay Exceptional.
    Thank you
    im the first one to do mbbs in my immediate family, so i needed someone to guide me.
    In shaa Allah, im hoping for the best!
  17. #137
    Med Studentz Beginner Danish.sohail's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    8 times
    Okay. this thread made me shudder. I get into sialkot and i was thinking to ace prof and upgrade myself to Sheikh zayed lahore. But ab lagta pass krlo kafi hai :/
  18. #138
    Med Studentz Beginner
    Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    51
    Liked
    8 times
    Hi, most of the links of books are old and don't work. Please provide new ones. Thank you.
  19. #139
    Med Studentz Regular CosmosCrazy042's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    121
    Liked
    32 times
    Is there a book of Uhs past papers that we can get from the market? Or will we have to get them from our seniors? Where can we get them from?
  20. #140
    Med Studentz Addict Umer Yamin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    929
    Liked
    324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmosCrazy042 View Post
    Is there a book of Uhs past papers that we can get from the market? Or will we have to get them from our seniors? Where can we get them from?
    Bro.. Take it easy, not too easy but ^
    rizwan94 likes this.
    Reply to Thread
    Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

      Similar Threads

      1. Aerospace medicine and Nuclear medicine
        By Ammara DMC in forum Beyond Med School
        Replies: 1
        Last Post: November 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM