Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
- January 8th, 2013, 05:27 AM #1
- Member Since
- Aug 2012
- 1 times
International Student Equivalency, Help Appreciated!
I have given IGCSE O level from outside Pakistan, I have achieved the following result:
Maths, Islamiyat and Urdu- A
English, chemistry, biology, Physics- A*
Although I have read the equivalency formula I am still not sure if Urdu, Pkstd and Islamiyat will be counted in the equivalency. And after the deduction what is my O level equivalency?
I'll appreciate if somebody could help me out with it.
ThanksJanuary 11th, 2013, 06:40 PM #2
Your O-Level result has comparatively little affect on your equivalence. But I think when it is considered, it is considered as a whole. Because on your IBCC certificate, they don't have the breakdown of your marks like Biology: 85%, Chemistry: 90% etc. They just have ONE overall mark for the whole thing. So it would likely read Score: 87%, Subjects: Science.....so I guess Pak St., Islamiyat and Urdu do count in that sense.
Your O-Level equivalence would be somewhere in the region of 86% which is pretty good. There is no deduction in O/A-Level equivalence.
Btw these are the rules that apply to the GCSE system and I`m only assuming it's the same.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By sahernaqvi in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 23Last Post: August 6th, 2013, 11:02 AM
- By zee10000 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: December 6th, 2012, 02:57 AM
- By samm in forum Chinese Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: October 4th, 2011, 11:03 AM
- By Catalyst13 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 26Last Post: November 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM
- By rashope in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 8Last Post: May 2nd, 2009, 01:11 AM