Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 36
- April 11th, 2013, 10:46 AM #1
Tips for MCAT Vocabulary
There are so many ways to memorize vocabulary. I would be sharing the ones I used.
1.Memorize words by making contrast with movies,cartoons,anime etc characters.
2.Give characters name of the vocab. words.
3.Divide words in urdu meanings/sentence like ;
Altruistic_ mean har kisi k sath true rehnay wala banda;Unselfish, ?All k sath true? Al Tru.
4.There are many vocab. words which are synonyms of each other.Make list of it.I would try to upload it also.
5.Memorize the word?s synonyms by comparing with the separated parts of the synonym.
Get insane,mad;become total idiot for vocabulary otherwise it is difficult to memorize.April 11th, 2013, 01:14 PM #2August 7th, 2013, 08:21 AM #3August 7th, 2013, 08:53 AM #4August 7th, 2013, 12:18 PM #5
friends why are you so much scared of vocab...just learn 15 words everyday BUT at different times like 5 words after you have finished your chapter 5 words after sometime... and also MOST IMPORTANT thing is that you have to revise them at least three times then you will have grip on it otherwise NO..i follow these tips and finally i have grip on it..and you should know their urdu meanings this also helps in learning vocab..and if you are learning from kips SUPPLEMENT then please dont do that otherwise you are wasting your time..KIPS MCAT is good but it has not urdu meanings so this is link..learn meanings from it..and BEST OFF LUCK..just follow these tips and remember the words which you have learned just go through them quickly next day and HOW?????this is up to you..
August 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM #6
- - - Updated - - -“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”
Christopher ReeveAugust 7th, 2013, 07:13 PM #7
well honestly speaking i have learned vocoab in 3 weaks following these tips and now am revising them..but just learn meanings from this link..no other book will gonna help you..I have tried many times.August 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM #8August 10th, 2013, 01:55 AM #9
no you have to learn all the synonyms for given word..its necessary..August 19th, 2013, 03:33 PM #10
He came to the hurdles that he remember, over which once he had one so easy a victory.
Which underlined part is incorrect ?????August 19th, 2013, 08:52 PM #11
He came to the hurdles that he remembered hover which once he had WON so easy a victoryAugust 20th, 2013, 11:52 AM #12August 20th, 2013, 12:34 PM #13
yeah u right @amna amir ..........also instead of one it should be won ........... THIS LINE IS FROM IST YEAR ENGLISH BOOK story (reward)August 20th, 2013, 10:19 PM #14
Thank you so much .August 21st, 2013, 03:00 AM #15
hey everyone can anyone of you please tell me that the list of words that are provided for the MCAT on the UHS website , is it always the same or does it vary each year because i compared the syllabus of 2012 with 2013 s and found that the word list was the same and I am aware that this may not be the correct thread to ask the following question but i have recently joined and would be glad if you could help me . The entry test for Army medical college is different , is there a specific portion for it too and if yes where can i get it fromAugust 21st, 2013, 10:06 PM #16
Past Paper of English MCAT Test :
1) She managed to _______ a ticket for the cricket match
2) Things have got out of hand; we must take steps to _______ the situation
3) George Orwell’s animal farm is a stinging _____ on the Russian revolution
4) All the ____ and ceremony of the royal wedding was telecast on the national television circuit.
5) identify the wrong segment of the sentence from the parts enclosed in brackets:
The (patients) blood (analysis) shows that there is a big number (of) amorphous cells which are (quiet) unidentifiable.
6) identify the wrong segment of the sentence from the parts enclosed in brackets:
The police, in their investigation, used coercive (measure) (to) get favorable statement (from) (the) accused
7) identify the wrong segment of the sentence from the parts enclosed in brackets:
Your argument is simply abstruse as there (is) no clarity (of) thought and coherence (in) ideas and it also (lack) vision.
8) identify the wrong segment of the sentence from the parts enclosed in brackets:
The workers were (raising) (much) hue and cry when their (demands) were turned (away).
9) identify the wrong segment of the sentence from the parts enclosed in brackets:
This disease is (uncurable) (without) the (judicious) (use) of antibiotics.
10) identify the wrong segment of the sentence from the parts enclosed in brackets:
The younger sister hopes (to) emulate her elder (sister’s) sporting (achievement) as she is putting (up) hectic effort.
20) Choose the correct statement :
a) The government should accrue taxes for strengthen the economy of the country
b) The government should accrue taxes in strengthen the economy of the country
c) The government should accrue taxes to strengthen the economy of the country
d) The government should accrue taxes by strengthen the economy of the country
21) Choose the correct statement :
a) Foreign trade have assumed greater importance in recent years
b) Foreign trade is assumed greater importance in recent years
c) Foreign trade has assumed greater importance in recent years
d) Foreign trade shall assumed greater importance in recent years
23) Choose the correct statement :
a) The space programme has been battered in bureaucratic wrangling
b) The space programme has been battered into bureaucratic wrangling
c) The space programme has been battered by bureaucratic wrangling
d) The space programme has been battered to bureaucratic wrangling
24) Choose the correct statement :
a) He will has to deal with the problem by showing adroitness
b) He will have to deal with the problem by showing adroitness
c) He will had to deal with the problem by showing adroitness
d) He will having to deal with the problem by showing adroitness
25) Choose the correct statement :
a) He does possesses altruistic behavior
b) He does possess altruistic behavior
c) He does possessing altruistic behavior
d) He do possessed altruistic behavior
26) Choose the correct statement :
a) He has great affinity in nature
b) He has great affinity with nature
c) He has great affinity by nature
d) He has great affinity at nature
27) Choose the correct statement :
a) An amorphous mass of cells are difficult to understand
b) An amorphous mass of cells were difficult to understand
c) An amorphous mass of cells had difficult to understand
d) An amorphous mass of cells is difficult to understand
28) Choose the correct statement :
a) He stands on arms akimbo
b) He stands to arms akimbo
c) He stands with arms akimbo
d) He stands through arms akimbo
29) Choose the correct statement :
a) He is suffering to anaphylactic shock
b) He is suffering in anaphylactic shock
c) He is suffering from anaphylactic shock
d) He is suffering into anaphylactic shock
30) Choose the correct statement :
a) If you had asked him, he would had accepted the offer with alacrity
b) If you had asked him, he would have being accepted the offer with alacrity
c) If you had asked him, he would have accepted the offer with alacrity
d) If you had asked him, he would been accepted the offer with alacrity.August 22nd, 2013, 12:15 AM #17August 22nd, 2013, 10:51 AM #18
well the word list is same as was in 2012 mcat and yup AMC entry test is different and english portion is just....for that you have to join academy..August 22nd, 2013, 10:19 PM #19
IN 2013 world list more words are added .August 23rd, 2013, 12:55 AM #20
oh okay thank you so much but isn t the AMC entry test always held some time in june because if that is the case then i don t think i ll be able to prepare for it through an academy . Do you have any idea to what extent the difference is and wht are the other ways by which we can study for it . Anyhow thanks a ton
- - - Updated - - -
and when does the UHS portion come out every year ?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By annie khan in forum The Pre-Med LifeReplies: 63Last Post: May 18th, 2016, 12:44 AM
- By Prince MD Khan in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 7Last Post: July 6th, 2015, 05:05 PM
- By h.a. in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 24Last Post: September 5th, 2013, 08:02 PM
- By guria batool in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 6Last Post: November 15th, 2012, 11:31 AM
- By Sehrish Ch. in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 10Last Post: January 18th, 2011, 09:58 PM