Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
- June 9th, 2013, 12:43 AM #1
Need Guidance for Research and Clinical Electives
hi, i am Yusra, 3rd year student
i want to know that at my level what electives are best for me, clinical or research?
and if i cant afford going abroad which institute should i be looking at in pakistan and how much would that effect my chances to get residency in abroad after usmle.
if i dont hold a good chance without electives abroad, what are the alternate ways?
i heard, going to germany after mbbs, doing 1 year house job there will be enough to get residency there. is it true?
plz help, i am way behind others and i feel like i will be no where in the competetion ahead.June 9th, 2013, 08:04 AM #2
Research electives are generally better since they will lead to publications, if you can spend enough time on a project (around 2 months or more). If you can't find a research elective, then you should still do clinical electives instead and if you're staying in pakistan, try to do them at any medical college that is well known, eg AKU, KE, etc.June 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM #3
ok, thank you
and what about residency abroad? =l
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By Rehan in forum Medical Students AreaReplies: 357Last Post: June 10th, 2015, 11:45 PM
- By Dr.Maria123 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 5Last Post: September 24th, 2014, 08:59 PM
- By Aminah Latif in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 7Last Post: December 26th, 2011, 05:00 PM
- By Rakesh.Ram in forum The Pre-Med LifeReplies: 0Last Post: February 23rd, 2011, 12:17 PM
- By farah58 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: November 6th, 2010, 08:43 PM