NUST Merit List For MBBS 2013
Our Sponsors
Welcome to Med Studentz Medical Forums, a friendly and informative student community where you can join thousands of other medical students from all over the world discussing everything related to medical school admissions, studying for medical licensing exams, and the medical profession in general.

As a registered member you will be able to:

  • Post and participate in discussions throughout the board.
  • Communicate with other medical students around the world.
  • Find the latest valuable information regarding how to obtain research and clinical electives, internships and residencies.
  • Access special Members Only features not available to unregistered users.
All this and much more is available to you
absolutely free when you register for an account.
Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Acer

Thread: NUST Merit List For MBBS 2013

  1. #1
    Med Studentz Regular
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    129
    Liked
    21 times

    NUST Merit List For MBBS 2013

    nust just put up the merit list of mbbs on sat national and internation seat along with the closing merit positions of 2012...and it says that the closing merit position of 2012 for mbbs was 54..and for bds it was 55. i'm confused as to what these number means...so were there 54 people who got into mbbs last year? :/ can someone please explain..
  2. #2
    Med Studentz Newbie
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma101 View Post
    nust just put up the merit list of mbbs on sat national and internation seat along with the closing merit positions of 2012...and it says that the closing merit position of 2012 for mbbs was 54..and for bds it was 55. i'm confused as to what these number means...so were there 54 people who got into mbbs last year? :/ can someone please explain..
    Yeah I think that is what it means. However realistically these are TOO MANY seats for SAT INTERNATIONAL as I have heard there are 20. It may be that some people from the top 20 got admission in Public medical colleges and left their seats in NUST. The next person in merit list might have got it.
  3. #3
    Med Studentz Regular Acer's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    213
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAZZ View Post
    Yeah I think that is what it means. However realistically these are TOO MANY seats for SAT INTERNATIONAL as I have heard there are 20. It may be that some people from the top 20 got admission in Public medical colleges and left their seats in NUST. The next person in merit list might have got it.
    true..but i think out of those 20 there are 13 for mbbs and 7 for bds.
    my merit position is 20 what do u think of my chances?
    whats ur aggregate and merit position?
  4. #4
    Med Studentz Newbie
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    true..but i think out of those 20 there are 13 for mbbs and 7 for bds.
    my merit position is 20 what do u think of my chances?
    whats ur aggregate and merit position?
    I am pretty sure that there are 18-20 for mbbs and bds has additional quota on top of it. But I will check again and post it on this forum. You would get in easily as you just make it. My merit position is 27. However if its true what they say and people merit number 54 gets a seat, I would fancy my chances. Don't forget that this list includes people who want to do bds too. Furthermore SFS and PTAP results will come out in NOVEMBER and a lot of people would leave these seats.
  5. #5
    Med Studentz Regular
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    129
    Liked
    21 times
    my merit position is 52...wat do u think my chances r? I think my chances are next to none bus jst wanna see wat people think. Btw last year a person with 54th merit position got in
  6. #6
    Med Studentz Newbie
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma101 View Post
    my merit position is 52...wat do u think my chances r? I think my chances are next to none bus jst wanna see wat people think. Btw last year a person with 54th merit position got in
    Yeah I know. don't lose hope. if luck is on your side you will get in.
  7. #7
    Med Studentz Regular
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    162
    Liked
    45 times
    Top ten
  8. #8
    Med Studentz Regular
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    129
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by apicomb View Post
    Top ten
    how did u end up in top 10?? i thought ur aggregate was 82?
  9. #9
    Med Studentz Regular Acer's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    213
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by apicomb View Post
    Top ten
    earlier you said you have an aggregate of 82% so you cant be in top 10. I have 86.1% aggregate and im at the 20th position.
    Give your roll number or post a screenshot of your merit position if its in the top 10.
    tahirtayyab likes this.
  10. #10
    Med Studentz Regular
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    162
    Liked
    45 times
    Acer check your inbox
  11. #11
    Med Studentz Regular
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    129
    Liked
    21 times
    maybe u calculated your aggregate wrong and it was actually more than 82%...what was your equivalence and your SAT score? lets calculate your aggregate again..
  12. #12
    Med Studentz Regular
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    162
    Liked
    45 times
    @Emma101, I'll shoot a PM
  13. #13
    Med Studentz Regular
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    129
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAZZ View Post
    I am pretty sure that there are 18-20 for mbbs and bds has additional quota on top of it. But I will check again and post it on this forum. You would get in easily as you just make it. My merit position is 27. However if its true what they say and people merit number 54 gets a seat, I would fancy my chances. Don't forget that this list includes people who want to do bds too. Furthermore SFS and PTAP results will come out in NOVEMBER and a lot of people would leave these seats.
    what was your aggregate???
  14. #14
    Med Studentz Beginner aleeha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    rawalpindi
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    6 times
    if any 1 knows, about selection list of mbbs 2012???
  15. #15
    Med Studentz Regular
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    162
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aleeha View Post
    if any 1 knows, about selection list of mbbs 2012???
    It might be floating around this forum somewhere. Try a google search, otherwise IDK where you can get hold of one.
  16. #16
    Med Studentz Beginner aleeha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    rawalpindi
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    6 times
    oh thanku.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NUST-AMC Merit Positions 2013
    By izzamughal in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: July 26th, 2014, 03:08 PM
  2. Combine Merit List 2012-2013
    By AHMAD HASSAN in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: November 16th, 2013, 07:14 PM
  3. HEC SFS 2nd Merit List 2012-2013
    By hawkeye571 in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 6th, 2013, 01:56 PM
  4. NUST 2nd Merit List
    By WajeehBJ in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 22nd, 2013, 08:52 PM
  5. NUST SAT Merit List 2013
    By Maliha. in forum Pakistan Medical Schools
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 8th, 2013, 04:39 PM