Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
- June 28th, 2008, 07:58 PM #1
Shifa College Schedule for Admission, 2008Just got this information from Shifa College Website.
The schedule for the session 2008 is as follow:
- First Entrabce Test on Sunday at 09:00 PST, August, 17, 2008
- Second Entrance Test on Sunday at 09:00 PST, August, 24, 2008
- Last Date of Submission of Application is August, 4, 2008
- Last Date of Submission of remianing documents is August, 31, 2008
- Interviews will be conducted in the first week of September, 2008
June 28th, 2008, 08:00 PM #2
Criteria for AdmissionAny one of the following qualifications is necessary for an application to be eligible for consideration. All foreign qualifications must be supported by an Equivalence Certificate issued by the .
- 60 percent overall score in pre-medical group of Intermediate Certification in Pakistan. However, much higher scores prove competitive.
- British Advanced Level Certification with Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The achievements should be over 60% (pre-medical) in IBCC Equivalence Certificate.
- US Grade-12 or Canadian-Grade13 Diploma (minimum GPA 3.0) accompanied by an Equivalence Certificate from the IBCC of at least 60 % FSc pre-medical qualification (that will require inclusion of Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English in the final 3 years).
- Higher Secondary School Certificate from other countries with Biology, Chemistry and Physics accompanied by an Equivalence Certificate from IBCC of at least 60% F.Sc pre-medical qualification.
International applicants, desirous of coming to Shifa, are advised to initiate the process several months in advance.This will allow them time to understand the eligibility requirements in Pakistan and to complete those well before the last date of admission. The academic requirements for admission are prescribed by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council which must be complied with. That stipulates a combination of biology, chemistry and physics at the Higher Secondary Certification (HSC). The international applicants must ensure that they have this combination before contacting the Shifa Admission Office. There is no flexibility on this issue. The next challenge is procurement of a Certificate from a government office of the Ministry of Education called The Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC). This office attempts to translate foreign qualifications into Pakistani equivalents. It has its own requirements to be met and it can take time. The Shifa College of Medicine has no connections with that office and is, therefore, unable to provide any information or assistance in that connection. It is the applicants? responsibility to obtain the Equivalence Certificate before an offer of admission could be formalized. International applicants are advised to visit the website of IBCC at and establish contact with it on the following address to seek information and guidance:Inter Board Committee of Chairmen,
FBISE Building, Sector H-8/4
web: Age Limit has prescribed minimum age limit of 17 and maximum 25 years at the time of admission.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By talib in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 40Last Post: July 24th, 2014, 11:53 PM
- By chinablue in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 73Last Post: July 12th, 2014, 04:59 AM
- By MastahRiz in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 116Last Post: August 21st, 2011, 01:06 AM
- By UToronto in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: April 18th, 2011, 10:21 AM
- By abdullahm18 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 8Last Post: August 14th, 2010, 03:30 AM