Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
- January 22nd, 2015, 10:40 AM #1
How To Prepare For MCAT 2015
As you already know, the current MCAT will soon end and the new exam will start on April 17, 2015.
MCAT2015 scoring will be different from the current exam, according to the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
The new MCAT is composed of four sections – (1) Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems; (2) Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems; (3) Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior; and (4) Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills.
Each section is scored from a low of 118 to a high of 132, with 125 as the mean or average of the new MCAT score. The total score will result from a combination of these sections’ scores. The total score will range from 472 to 528, with 500 at the center.
Examinees will be given a score report that shows percentile ranks so that the student will know how he/she fared compared to others, confidence bands (intervals) that show the ranges where one’s true scores lie and score profiles that show one’s strengths and weaknesses in the four sections. It is difficult to predict how or if the issue of confidence intervals would be used to develop medical school admissions criteria.
Preparing for MCAT2015
Because new subjects such as psychology, sociology, biochemistry, and basic statistics will now be covered, and a more holistic orientation will be adapted, MCAT2015 prep requires a different approach.
So, what are the concepts that each MCAT2015 section will test and what college courses should one take in order to prepare for the exam?
This blog post explains it all. To go to the article, click .April 14th, 2015, 04:29 PM #2
- Member Since
- Sep 2014
- 54 times
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By Iqra143 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: January 24th, 2015, 05:55 PM
- By Shaina Gulraiz in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 1Last Post: January 23rd, 2015, 08:58 AM
- By Zany in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: July 31st, 2014, 01:02 AM
- By zaeem mahmood in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: January 30th, 2014, 08:19 PM
- By Sprockit in forum The Pre-Med LifeReplies: 0Last Post: January 10th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Tags for this Thread