Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Help! Job Hunting!
- June 7th, 2011, 08:20 PM #1
- Member Since
- Jun 2011
- Columbia, SC
- 0 times
Help! Job Hunting!
I am looking for a job and have come across a few prospects, but I am now wondering if I should tell the employers that I am planning to leave to attend medical school within the next few years. I don't want them to train me and waste their time, but at the same time I need a job and the money! The job I am talking about is for a medical assistant position, so I also don't want to burn bridges. What should I do?? Thanks!June 24th, 2011, 08:54 AM #2
- Member Since
- Dec 2010
- 2 times
there is no one and exact answer to you question but before you decide anything you should think:
( most important) how important is the job you are doing and the money you are earning for you,, if you can survive without it then there is no harm in spending few years to do medicine??
do you find yourself fully prepared mentally and physically for medical education and have you looked into what exactly you gonna be doing during and after your studies??
how would you finncially support your studies??
do you have a plan to get into a medical school and what are the chances of being accepted there?
how statisfied are you from your current job or career?
what are the good and bad points in carry on this career as well as going to medical school??
and the most important do you have that dedication, devotion and determination to achieve your new goal??
these are some of the questions you can ask yourself to decide what's better for you..
in my opinion if you can evaluate just these question honestly then you'll have the answer..
hope it helps..
Last edited by Salman_Khaliq; June 24th, 2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: to remove confusion
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By Parisa Shaikh in forum Beyond Med SchoolReplies: 1Last Post: June 8th, 2012, 11:43 PM
- By Excise in forum Med Studentz LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: April 8th, 2010, 05:18 PM
- By shb in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)Replies: 6Last Post: April 12th, 2009, 04:24 PM
- By dr_rajpoot12 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 0Last Post: March 22nd, 2009, 04:29 AM
- By Myelin in forum Beyond Med SchoolReplies: 6Last Post: February 22nd, 2007, 05:14 PM