Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Need Advice!
- April 22nd, 2008, 10:49 PM #1
- Member Since
- Apr 2008
- new york
- 0 times
so this summer i am basically trying to get some clinical/medical experience.
i have two options that i am looking at and i wanted to know what you thoguht.
1. there is a scribe program here. it is when you work as a scribe in the ER of a local hospital in fort worth. basically you write down everything the dr says, finsih his notes, get the tests, follow him around and do whatever he needs you to do. the shifts are very long, many overnight and the pay is about 6 dollars. however, it is interesting and you learn a lot. your in the er so you learn the terminolgy and get a chance to see things such as xrays and labs. the up is that it would be intersting and down is that the hours are long at times.
2. the second option is to work in the office of a local pediatric orthopedic surgeon. he is looking for someone to learn the new computer medical records, as in basically do the same thing you do as a scirbe. probably more paper work. this is in a more clinical setting, easier hours and the pay is 10. however, this might not be as intersting and i probably wouldent learn as more as i would as a scribe in a hospial. the up is that it is an easier schedule. the negative is that it may not be as intersting.
so basically i wanted your opinion. which do you think is a better idea? are they equally good, or is one better than the other?April 27th, 2008, 06:32 PM #2
An ER and an OR are not exactly the best places to learn, although they may be very busy. No one is going to try and teach you there, especially if you're not already in medical school. You'll have a tough time learning much at all, though you'll probably remember a few things at the end of the day.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By inception in forum Board Exams (USMLE/PLAB)Replies: 2Last Post: December 31st, 2011, 11:37 AM
- By Emaan in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 10Last Post: November 27th, 2011, 04:16 PM
- By Questions180 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 2Last Post: November 13th, 2010, 10:03 PM
- By M.Abbas in forum The Pre-Med LifeReplies: 3Last Post: October 9th, 2008, 09:56 PM
- By pinkmed in forum The Pre-Med LifeReplies: 1Last Post: August 8th, 2007, 07:59 AM