Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Pay less for U.S Medical Schools
- March 11th, 2008, 04:14 AM #1
Pay less for U.S Medical Schools
As we all know the U.S economy is presently declining. Things are getting even worse. The value of the dollar has decreased. We are in a great debt which is only increasing. The government is being forced to distribute stimulus packages. These conditions may be suitable for med studentz.
Discuss your views on how the current U.S economic recession is influencing Med Schools. Tuitions specifically. Also for those of you currently attending U.S med schools, hav u seen any unusual fluctuations in your tuition plans?March 14th, 2008, 08:44 AM #2
It may be advantageous for students abroad who wish to study at U.S. schools but to my knowledge I have not seen a drop in the cost of tuitions plans, whether that be for medical school or just graduate programs. In fact I live in California and I know that they are actually raising the cost of tuition in both the UC and Cal State systems. It has been a continual tuition hike each year since I entered freshman year at Cal Poly SLO. In the case of most state schools tuition will continue to rise due to the budget cuts in education, especially now that they will divert money to stimulus packages. What I am waiting to see is whether the current crisis where they are laying off teachers in the elementary and high school levels will also arrive at the university level.September 16th, 2008, 01:25 AM #3
I can see the economy causing a rise in tuition costs, but not any cost drops. There was nearly a $20 per credit hour increase at the technical college I'm attending for my RN. Insane!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By pedramrad in forum European Medical SchoolsReplies: 22Last Post: July 20th, 2011, 01:13 AM
- By mohd753 in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 1Last Post: October 20th, 2010, 12:12 PM
- By star child in forum Beyond Med SchoolReplies: 2Last Post: May 6th, 2010, 05:54 PM
- By DrPlasma in forum Pakistan Medical SchoolsReplies: 12Last Post: May 6th, 2008, 11:42 PM
- By Lauradraghici in forum The Pre-Med LifeReplies: 0Last Post: November 19th, 2007, 11:44 PM